Social Media is a great place to advertise, but is it not all you need to build a business?
When thinking about a business’s online presence, you may think that social media is the be-all and end-all for marketing online. It is true that social media does help you gain that initial traffic, but your business will fare a lot better if you have somewhere personal to send that traffic after you have gotten their attention.
Are You Missing Out on Customers?
Social media can be your storefront, but that does not mean it should be.
After all, there are 4.7 BILLION people who are not on social media, according to statista.com.
Real Businesses Have Websites
Large businesses, small businesses and even MLM (Multi Level Marketing) businesses all have website. Rightly or wrongly, you are not seen as a “real business” unless you have a website.
A website adds enormous value to your business, here are 5 reasons why you should not choose just social media for your business:
- Adds a Professional Look – Clients often expect a proper website from a proper business, so when all they can find is your Facebook or Instagram, it may diminish their opinion of your business’s competency.
- Sole Ownership – Because you do not own your social media page/ profile, more things can go wrong. A banned or blacklisted account can be disastrous for your business’s online presence and it is much worse if that is the only place you are selling from.
- Unique Colours , Your Branding – Social media does not give you an opportunity to advertise yourself through aesthetics. With a website, you can choose the colours and branding to make your business far more memorable to customers.
- Full Control of User Experience – On social media, you are limited by what content each site allows. On your own website, you can have everything; information and resources, stock, clear contact information and easier access to everything viewers might need from your business in one place.
- It’s Just You – With your own website, you are not competing with others for attention in the same place. Facebook for Business has shared that a whopping 3 million businesses are actively advertising on Facebook, so you are much better off having your own space as well.
If you would like to find out more why your business needs a website and growing your business’s online presence past social media, listen to Small Business Talk #068 – Why Social Media Isn’t Enough, or read Do I Need a Website or is Social Media Enough for My Business?
Cathy Smith at CATCO Enterprises helps businesses attract their dream customers easily online
Cathy Smith has run the same Marketing Agency for more than 19 years and has helped hundreds of business owners achieve their marketing goals. Cathy’s passion and knowledge for digital marketing has helped thousands of businesses reach their dream customers easily online.
To build a new website, increase traffic to your existing website or develop a digital marketing strategy for your business call Cathy on 0409 489 464 today.